Senior Ruby Software Architect
Introduction with Onebeat:
Onebeat is a cloud enterprise platform to manage merchandise and inventory as one.
The company accelerates the adoption of machine learning to solve inaccuracies when it comes to long term forecasting.
Onebeat uses short-term predictions to translate consumer behavior into daily execution that maximizes sell-through, margins, and overall sales. To achieve this, Onebeat integrates innovative retail processes, such as new product introduction, assortment management, smart allocator, liquidation process, and discount model.
The company democratizes technologies that were once the preserve of tech giants – and puts them in everyone’s hands.
Onebeat specializes in building scalable cloud infrastructure solutions and handling huge volumes of data and processing it fast and in a cost-efficient manner.
We operate in 24 countries across the globe and focus on enabling any retailer to improve its business results constantly.
As a colleague at Onebeat, you can work from any time zone and be reworded with benefits from a startup in a hyper growth environment.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about architecture and deploy highly available and scalable software solutions and enjoy creating mutual wins!
What you’ll do:
- Design and build a complex backend which processes billions of records per day
- Build a modern API application atop a functional architecture in Ruby
- Build well factored, maintainable, and tested code using RSpec with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Understand and build using strong architectural patterns beyond the standard MVC of Rails
- Have a strong sense of OO programming and Architectural patterns
- Be able to work with, mentor, and guide a distributed team of developers
- Great communication skills
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Full stack knowledge of technologies like Ruby, SQL, Linux, and AWS
- 3+ Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently, and proven track record of driving products
- Shipped consumer API used concurrently by thousands of users
- Experience working with 3rd party API’s and complex database structures
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with big data technologies and ETLs like Spark, S3, and Redshift, Kafka & Karafka
- Experience with analytics platforms
- Understanding of network concepts
- DevOps experience – Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Terraform
- Experience completing product iterations based on insights from data
- Knowledge of Python, Spark, Athena
Onebeat is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential.